SCRATCH Coding Camp in Ireland are conducted in our training center in Dublin and Online using Zoom due to Covid-19 closures.
What is SCRATCH?
SCRATCH is an online platform which allows children and even teens and elder people to create their own games, animation based on their imagination, share them and play with other players.
What is SCRATCH Coding camp?
SCRATCH coding camp was added by KidsComp to train children on SCRATCH coding, explore their dreams and potential and help them to create their own animation using block-based programming and publish them.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 8 and above. This class is for Starters to SCRATCH and not advanced SCRATCH.
How many days for the camp or class?
SCRATCH coding camp takes 5 or 7 HOURS. Monday to Friday. 1 hour a day
What is the camp fee?
Camp fee is €39.99 or €49.99 (based on 5 or 7 hours)
What topics are Covered?
We cover the following topics during the camp
1) Introduction to Scratch and how to use and create Animations
2) Create many projects using SCRATCH to understand functionalities of each block
3) Practice each block with different examples
4) How to share projects to Friends and others
What are the requirements?
- Children should be aged 7 or 8 depending on Child’s interest
- Laptop or Computer with minimum 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows or Apple macOS Operating system
- Browser like Google Chrome or latest Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browser
- Broadband internet connection
- In built Mic or separate Mic or Headphone/earphone with Mic to interact with Instructor
- In build Speaker or separate Headphone/earphone to listen to Instructor training
- In built webcam/camera or separate webcam/camera. (Optional) for Instructor to help and guide children